[Episcopal News Service] The Rev. Patrick Ward has withdrawn his name from the slate of nominees who will stand for election as bishop suffragan in the Episcopal Diocese of New York.
Ward, interim rector of Christ Church in the Riverdale section of the Bronx, was nominated by petition on Oct. 27.
His name was added to the slate of five nominees announced on Oct. 7.
- The Rev. Kim L. Coleman, rector, Trinity Episcopal Church, Arlington, Virginia;
- The Rev. Canon Susan C. Harriss, rector, Christ’s Church, Rye, New York;
- The Rev. Kathleen L. Liles, rector, Christ & Saint Stephen’s Church, New York, New York;
- The Rev. Allen K. Shin, rector, St. John’s Episcopal Church, Huntington, Long Island, New York; and
- The Rev. Mauricio J. Wilson, rector, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Oakland, California.
The election is scheduled to take place on Dec. 7.
The bishop suffragan will succeed the Rt. Rev. Catherine Roskam, who retired in 2011 after serving the diocese for 15 years.