Season 3 of The Episcopal Church’s podcast The Way of Love with Bishop Michael Curry, is now available. These weekly conversations, featuring Bishop Curry, podcast host Sandy Milien, and a variety of guests, center on ways to live a life committed to living the way of God’s unconditional, unselfish, sacrificial and redemptive love.
Season 3 changes include longer conversations between Bishop Curry and his guests: faith leaders, authors, and thinkers who are committed to following the Way of Jesus in the world today. Framed by the Way of Love – those seven practices of turning, learning, praying, worshipping, blessing, going, and resting – listeners will hear stories and lessons about how they can grow closer to God in daily life.
In this episode, Bishop Curry talks to Jeff Chu, who tells us about his extraordinary career as a journalist, farmer, writer, editor, teacher, and Christian thinker – and how he has come to see God moving throughout those roles. Having spent time among groups of people who radically disagree – about the Church, about human sexuality, about love itself – he describes some of the lessons he’s learned along the way. The two reflect on storytelling, Sabbath, and the ways we are called to pause, to look back on our experiences, and to begin to understand where God has led us and is currently leading us. This episode of The Way of Love Podcast is sponsored by Emory University’s Candler School of Theology, offering a Doctor of Ministry that is ninety percent online.
Season 3 episodes and guests include:
- May 4 – Episode 1: Jen Hatmaker, New York Times best-selling author and podcast host
This episode of the Way of Love podcast is sponsored by Trinity Church Wall Street, which offers services streamed live and on demand in HD six days a week.
- May 11 – Episode 2: The Rev. Nadia Bolz-Weber, Lutheran pastor, New York Times best-selling author, and speaker
This episode of the Way of Love podcast is sponsored by For People, a new podcast with Bishop Rob Wright about finding and holding on to Faith in the midst of the challenges of an ever-changing world. Listen via your favorite podcast player and learn more at episcopalatlanta.org/forpeople.
- May 18: – Episode 3: Teddy Reeves, specialist of religion, Smithsonian National Museum of African-American History and Culture (NMAAHC), Washington, D.C.
This episode of The Way of Love Podcast is sponsored by Church Pension Group.
- May 25 – Episode 4: Jeff Chu, writer, reporter, editor, teacher and community leader
This episode of The Way of Love Podcast is sponsored by Emory University’s Candler School of Theology, offering a Doctor of Ministry that is ninety percent online.
- June 1 Episode 5: Shane Claiborne, speaker, activist, and best-selling author
- June 8 – Episode 6: Fr. Richard Rohr, founder, Center for Action and Contemplation (CAC), Albuquerque, New Mexico
This episode of The Way of Love Podcast is sponsored by Church Divinity School of the Pacific.
- June 15 – Episode 7: Check back for more information – coming soon
The Way of Love with Bishop Michael Curry, is available on most podcast apps and at episcopalchurch.org. Visit the Way of Love podcast webpage to subscribe to the podcast through Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts or Spotify and to sign up for notifications of new seasons and episodes as well as additional featured content.