[Episcopal Church Office of Public Affairs] The Commission for Theological Education for Latin America and the Caribbean (CETALC) has awarded 34 grants in five categories for more than $366,000 to support the educational theological and formational needs of the church in Latin America and the Caribbean.
The grants were approved by the Episcopal Church Executive Council at its January meeting.
CETALC was formed after the 1976 closing of the Episcopal Seminary of the Caribbean, located in Puerto Rico. At that time, the Episcopal Church Executive Council established the Trust Fund for Theological Education for Latin America and the Caribbean, with the funds from the sale of the property earmarked to support the theological education programs of the dioceses that were using the seminary.
The six categories of CETALC grants are: diocesan programs; provincial and regional programs; continued education; graduate studies; research and production; and Leonardo Romero (administrative).
• Colombia $13,500.00
• Costa Rica 15,000.00
• Cuba 13,500.00
• Cuernavaca 13,500.00
• Dominican Republic 13,500.00
• Ecuador Central 10,200.00
• Ecuador Litoral 11,000.00
• El Salvador 11,000.00
• Guatemala 13,500.00
• Haiti 15,000.00
• Honduras 15,000.00
• Meridional Porto Alegre 6,000.00
• Mexico 7,500.00
• Northern Mexico 13,000.00
• Occidente de Mexico 13,000.00
• Panama 11,400.00
• Puerto Rico 15,000.00
• Rio de Janeiro 14,000.00
• Southeastern Mexico 13,500.00
• Venezuela 11,000.00
• Virgin Islands 12,000.00
Provincial and regional programs
IARCA – CAETS (Anglican Center for Higher Theological Studies). $32,500.00
• Jorge Urrutia Castro of Costa Rica $5,000.00
• Luis Hernan Palacios of Colombia 1,000.00
• Ofelia Correa of Colombia 600.00
• Sam Dessordi of Brazil 5,000.00
• Sergio Leon of Colombia 1,000.00
• Washington Villamarin of Ecuador Central 5,000.00
• Asdrubal Toledo Izquierdo of Cuba $5,000.00
Research and Prdouction of Theological Resources
• Clara Luz Ajo of Cuba $5,000.00
• James H. Ottley of Cuernavaca Mexico 5,000.00
• Luis A. Olivetta of Western Mexico 3,000.00
• CETALC $25,000.00
• CIAET 12,500.00
The following are the CETALC members:
• The Episcopal Church: Bishop Victor Scantlebury of Ecuador Central.
• Mexico: Bishop Lino Rodríguez Amaro; Sarai Osnaya, CETALC secretary
• IARCA: The Most Rev. Armando Guerra Soria, CETALC president; Sandra Cardona
• Province IX: Bishop Francisco Duque of Colombia; the Rev. Vaike Madisson, CETALC vice-president
• Brasil: Bishop Filadelfo Oliveira of Rio de Janeiro
• Cuba: The Rev. Dr. Marienela De La Paz
• Haiti: The Rev. Alexander Soner
• Virgin Islands: Rosalie Simmonds Ballantine, Esq.
• Ex-Oficio: Amanda De La Cruz, CETALC treasurer
• Staff: Bishop Wilfrido Ramos; the Rev. Glenda McQueen
For more information contact McQueen at email@example.com.
En español: http://bit.ly/wuWXMW