Does a more expansive vision of Christian spirituality sound appealing to you? How about engaging in critical reflection of past traditions, centering voices from marginalized communities, nurturing theological humility, and building collaborative movements that work for restoration and renewal? If so, we hope you will join us in the Faith + Justice Network!
For February, our focus is “Race and Justice,” as we ask hard questions about why it is that Christian faith has been so often complicit in so many different forms of racial injustice – from imperial conquest to slavery to segregation, the list goes on and on. Rather than being at the forefront of resisting racial harm, white Christian leaders have time and again offered rationalizations, prevarications, and other diversionary tactics. Throughout our study, we’ll ask: What can we do? Consider joining us for:
- Webinar with Kelly Brown Douglas, as we read and discuss her latest book – Resurrection Hope: A Future Where Black Lives Matter. This live event will take place 9:30 am – 11:00 am PT on Saturday, February 12 (recording available afterward on the network platform)
- Mini Lecture: An Introduction to Willie Jennings’ The Christian Imagination: Theology and the Origins of Race (by Peter Choi)
- Mini Lecture: Race and Justice (by Liz Lin)
- Spiritual practices, led by Kinship Commons, a women-of-color-owned collective of artists who curate worship and liturgies centering BIPOC voices
- Online Discussions: Join the conversation with people from all over the world
- Fireside Chat with Lisa Sharon Harper: To wrap up our month, we will hear Lisa Sharon Harper talk about her new book, Fortune: How Race Broke My Family and the World––and How to Repair It All. This live event will take place 6:00 – 7:15 pm PT on Thursday, February 24 (recording available afterward on the network platform)
- And more!
Sign up for the Faith and Justice Network to participate. Join us for a month, a season, or a year or more. Use coupon code ENS to save 40% on your subscription! (Discount applies one time to either a monthly or annual commitment; code expires 2/28/22.) Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The Faith and Justice Network is a community committed to the ongoing journey of spiritual and theological learning. Seek Faith, Learn Justice, Together in Community.