A set of upcoming webinars promises to prepare Episcopalians to effectively listen, honor difference, and help to heal families, congregations, communities, and nations.
“From Many, One: Conversations Across Difference” will host three webinars introducing individuals and ministries to what Episcopal Church Presiding Bishop Michael Curry calls “the spiritual practice of love in action” – one-to-one listening and sharing across the differences that separate us. The webinars will cover basics like invitation and attentive listening, as well as the theology, tools, gifts, and challenges related to this critical spiritual practice. Register for each date below.
- Friday March 12, 2:00-3:00 p.m. EST: The How and Why of Conversations Across Difference (Register here)
- Thursday, March 25, 2:00-3:00 p.m. EST: How We’re Practicing and What We’re Learning (Register here)
- Thursday, April 8, 6:00-7:00 p.m. EST: From Many One “Listen-In” – Sharing Our Stories and Growing Our Practice (Register here)
Echoing the Latin phrase on the U.S. seal – E Pluribus (“from many”) Unum (“one”) – and following in the footsteps of Jesus, “From Many, One” is built on the belief that conversation across difference can help to knit communities together in ways that honor difference, curiosity, and relationships. The conversations are focused on four revealing, engaging questions:
1) What do you love?
2) What have you lost?
3) Where does it hurt?
4) What do you dream?
The webinars are organized by The Episcopal Church’s teams on reconciliation, justice, formation, and ecumenical relations. All are welcome to attend the webinars and to pledge to have conversations as part of “From Many, One.” Find helpful supports at www.episcopalchurch.org/from-many-one, including:
- A brief guide to having conversations across difference
- The conversations pledge form
- Model conversation videos
- Partners and related resources