Visually appealing, easy-to-navigate and mobile-friendly
[Episcopal Office of Public Affairs] Episcopal News Service (ENS), the award-winning news service of the Episcopal Church, has launched a leading-edge new website at www.episcopalnewsservice.org.
Visually appealing, easy-to-navigate and mobile-friendly, the new ENS website was designed to improve the overall user experience, raise awareness of the news service and generate further interest and engagement in the life-changing ministries of the Episcopal Church.
ENS offers in-depth reporting and analysis of local, regional, national and international news for Episcopalians and others interested in the church’s mission and ministry. Providing written and multimedia coverage, it is the officially sponsored online news source of the Episcopal Church.
“ENS will continue to place an emphasis on reporting about issues of social justice, and inspiring people to act, engage and connect to make a difference in the world,” noted the Rev. Mary Frances Schjonberg, ENS interim managing editor. “ENS will also continue its reliable coverage of the ongoing work of the church through its governance and mission priorities.”
Among the many new features and improvements that will enhance the user experience are: news content organized in fewer sections with an emphasis on issues and topics and an advanced search function.
“The Episcopal News Service is a long-standing ministry of storytelling that is pivotal in digital evangelism and informing Episcopalians and others about how the Episcopal Church lives into the Jesus Movement and lives out the gospel in the world,” noted Matt Davies, ENS advertising and web manager. “With our new responsive website and our continued editorial emphasis on issues of social justice, the ENS team believes it has blended together crucial ingredients to satisfy the hunger for advocacy and engagement, and hopefully ignite the palates of a new generation of activists who long to add to the recipe for global change.”
Key elements of www.episcopalnewsservice.org
- New ENS website incorporates the popular reader-generated sections for advertising Jobs & Calls, Events, Books, Press Releases and People news items.
- ENS continues to encourage dioceses and congregations to submit news stories about local ministries and important developments in the life of the church. The ENS submission guidelines are available here.
- Opportunities for sponsorship and publicity will continue to be offered to church-related agencies and organizations wishing to raise awareness of their ministries, services, events, brands and products.
Further information about opportunities on ENS is available from Davies at email@example.com.
ENS offers the following ways to share your news.
- To submit a press release for inclusion on the Episcopal News Service, click here.
- To publish a People news item (e.g. a new position, ordination, award or honor), click here.
- To publish a Job or Call listing, click here.
- To publish an Event listing, click here.
- To publish a Book listing, click here.