Episcopal Impact Fund is pleased to announce the recipients of its 2023 Congregational Grant program.
Episcopal Impact Fund promotes innovative, long-term solutions to addressing the root causes of poverty in the San Francisco Bay Area.
With our Congregational Grants, Episcopal Impact Fund supports the outreach work of Episcopal congregations in the Diocese of California. Our churches are at work throughout the Bay Area, serving local communities that are especially at risk — neighbors who are food insecure or experiencing homelessness, people exiting the justice system, women escaping domestic violence, asylum seekers, as well as organizations providing vital services to children and youth that help break the cycle of intergenerational poverty.
We are grateful and humbled to support their life-changing efforts.
Our 2023 Congregational Grant recipients are:
- All Saints Episcopal Church, San Leandro – Food Pantry
- Christ Episcopal Church, Alameda – Winter Shelter for People Experiencing Homelessness
- Christ Church, Portola Valley Woodside – “Welcome Home” Supplies for Families
- Christ Episcopal Church, Sausalito – Meals for Seniors
- El Buen Pastor, Belmont – Dental Micro-grant Program
- Episcopal Church of the Nativity, San Rafael – The Street Chaplaincy
- Grace Cathedral, San Francisco – The Community Preschool
- Holy Child and St. Martin Episcopal Church, Daly City – Bread of the World Ministry
- Holy Family Episcopal Church, Half Moon Bay – Backpack Drive
- Aidan’s Episcopal Church, Bolinas – Soup Saturday
- Bartholomew’s Episcopal Church, Livermore – Laundry Love
- Mark’s Episcopal Church, Berkeley – Hot Meals
- Mark’s Episcopal Church, Palo Alto – Jail Chaplaincy and Writing Groups Ministry
- Clare’s Episcopal Church, Pleasanton – Clare’s Fare Community Garden
- Francis of Assisi Episcopal Church, Novato – Community Pantry
- Gregory of Nyssa Episcopal Church, San Francisco – The Food Pantry
- John the Evangelist Episcopal Church, San Francisco – The Gubbio Project
- John’s Episcopal Church, Oakland – VISION Ministry
- John’s Episcopal Church, Ross – St. Vincent’s Meal Bag Ministry
- Mary the Virgin Episcopal Church, San Francisco – Justice Ministry
- Stephen’s Episcopal Church, Belvedere – St. Vincent’s Meal Bag Ministry
- Trinity + St. Peter’s Episcopal Church, San Francisco – Food Distribution Program
“By providing grants to congregations in the Diocese of California, we help extend the outreach of Episcopalians in the Bay Area and support putting FAITH IN ACTION. We know that when the church meets the streets, we are living the true meaning of community, and all our lives are enriched.” –Christina Alvarez, Episcopal Impact Fund Executive Director
About Episcopal Impact Fund
Episcopal Impact Fund promotes innovative, long-term solutions to address the root causes of poverty in the San Francisco Bay Area. As the outreach arm of the Episcopal Diocese of California, the Impact Fund invests in some of the most effective poverty-fighting organizations throughout the Bay Area. For more than 40 years, we’ve provided funding, technical assistance, and professional support to strengthen communities so everyone can thrive. For more information, visit www.episcopalimpact.org.