The Rev. Canon Dr. Michael Barlowe, Executive Officer of the General Convention, has announced that data from the 2017 Parochial Reports of the Episcopal Church is now available in English and Spanish here.
Canon Barlowe observed that the 2017 data “continues recent trends, with decline in key membership and attendance figures,” although “congregational income through pledges and other offerings has increased,” even as overall numbers of congregants have decreased.
The Parochial Report is the oldest, continuous gathering of data by the Episcopal Church. By tradition and canon, the reporting requirements are developed by the House of Deputies’ Committee on the State of the Church, using a form approved by the church’s Executive Council. Overseen by the Executive Officer of General Convention, the Parochial Report touches every congregation of the church. Together with other data, including that of the Recorder of Ordinations and the Registrar of General Convention, the Parochial Report provides an insight to the state of the church.
The newly posted documents include:
- Episcopal Domestic Fast Facts and Episcopal Domestic Fast Facts Trends 2013-2017
- Baptized Members by Province and Diocese 2007-2017
- Average Sunday Attendance by Province and Diocese 2007-2017
- Statistical Totals for The Episcopal Church by Province 2016-2017
- Statistical Totals for The Episcopal Church by Province and Diocese 2016-2017
- Domestic Plate and Pledge Income 2012-2017
- Average Pledge by Province and Diocese 2012-2017
- Financial and ASA Totals by Diocese 2017
Reports can be found on the General Convention website at http://www.generalconvention.org/research-and-statistics/#PR-Results