|Three progressive churches in Marblehead, Massachusetts, offer a shared part-time Youth Minister Position (19 hours per week) to cultivate Christian youth programming. They are: Clifton Lutheran Church, Old North Church (United Church of Christ), and St Andrew’s Episcopal Church. Marblehead, MA is a coastal town 16 miles north of Boston. The churches also draw parishioners from other towns, e.g. Salem, Swampscott, and Lynn.
The position will focus on middle and high school youth in our shared parishes. The goal: to build a community among the churches and to create an engaging, innovative, progressive Christian youth program, empowering youth to grow their faith, explore life questions, and participate together in activities, events, and outreach.
The candidate should
- bring a well-grounded Christian faith that can be shared and explored with youth
- be a gifted mentor who respects young people, encourages questions, fosters strong relationships, and builds community
- collaborate well with others
- ensure a safe, accepting space for the LGBTQIA+ community
- lead youth in a variety of discussions, activities, events, and outreach.
We anticipate that the Youth Minister will visit each church each month and will maintain a calendar that fairly and flexibly involves all three church communities, including time to oversee a central, combined youth group.
Total compensation package is $40,000-$50,000 based on experience. Total package includes benefits to be negotiated.