The Church of St. Michael and St. George (https://www.csmsg.org/), of St, Louis, MO, is seeking a full-time Youth Minister. CSMSG is a traditional, family-friendly church with beautiful liturgy and music as well as great preaching and teaching. We are a high-energy church that offers many programs and activities.
The Youth Ministry at CSMSG offers students in 6th through 12th grade the opportunity to develop transforming relationships with God and each other. Ours is a relational ministry that instills lifelong habits of worship and service to others and nurtures our youth parishioners as they grow as joyful disciples of Jesus Christ. We believe this is an exciting time to join our community as seek a leader to usher in a new season of youth ministry.
Essential functions for this position include:
● Create and nurture a safe environment for youth to experience the love of God and build relationships with others
● Nurture the development of existing youth programs and guide the development of new programs
● Work with the YMLT (Youth Ministry Leadership Team), families, and the larger parish to create specific goals and ministry calendar of events
● Implement the recruiting, training, and encouragement of the youth ministry volunteers
Qualifications for this position are:
● At least 3 years of leadership experience in full-time ministry
● Experience building and leading volunteer teams
● Exceptional communication and organizational skills
● Understanding of child/youth development and family dynamics
● Ability to work well with teens and to work well as a part of a team
● A college degree; seminary is preferred