||The Youth and Family Ministry Coordinator is responsible for creating programs and convening gatherings for junior high and high school students. Additional family ministry opportunities will be created as needed for the parish. This may include intergenerational programming. Hours are primarily program based with Tuesdays as the only daily office requirement for staff meetings. Hours on nights and weekends will be dependent on programs scheduled.
- A deep love of Jesus, scriptures and ability to proclaim in word and work the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- A passion for Christian formation for youth
- A warm, welcoming, supportive, innovative, collaborative, flexible, and creative nature
- Ability to build relationships in the parish, encourage, train, administrate and recruit volunteers
- Strong leadership and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong administrative, organizational and project management skills, i.e., a “self-starter”
- Able to manage a budget
- Interest and appreciation for youth culture (i.e. books, music, movies, etc.)
- Familiarity with and comfort using social media
- Must pass a federal background check and take SafeChurch training classes upon hiring per Diocesan requirements.
- Possess a current valid NJ state drivers license, or be able to obtain one upon hiring.
- Create ministries for youth ages 12-18.
- Develop and maintain and expand (Christian Formation) programs that enhance children and teens’ spiritual and emotional development
- Run regular youth meetings, gatherings, programs and events
- Build relationships with the youth, parents and the community.
- Communicate with parents of youth participants before programming for pick-up/drop-off notifications, special announcements/event information, etc. Help coordination transportation of youth to and from programs as required.
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers, work with lay leadership to create youth events
- Plan and implement St. Peter’s annual youth Mission Trip.
- Plan other family ministry activities as needed and directed by the Rector
This position is part-time, and salaried at 28 hours/week. The salary range is $28,000-$32,000/yr.