|Name of church or organization|
|Saint Michael and All Angels|
|Saint Michael and All Angels seeks candidates for Vice Rector, the senior associate priest of the parish. The Vice Rector partners directly with the Rector to oversee a staff of more than 50, in a congregation of 6,500 members.
The Vice Rector is responsible for every aspect of parish life, health, and vitality. He or she takes an executive role in overall leadership, vision, planning, and execution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● The Vice Rector heads the leadership committee in five ministry areas: Evangelism, Formation, Mission and Outreach, Worship, and Pastoral Care. She or he mentors and supervises the director for each of the five areas, building bridges among them that include team-building, visioning and planning. He or she is responsible for staff supervision and training and oversight of budget for these ministry areas, and for strategic program planning. The Vice Rector is charged with the overall high-quality execution of these ministries.
● The Vice Rector attends vestry meetings and retreats, working closely with the vestry to connect their vision with the work of the Ministry Staff.
● With other members of the clergy staff, the Vice Rector participates in the full sacramental and liturgical life of Saint Michael: preaching, teaching, pastoral care, hospital visitations, funerals, weddings, baptisms, confirmation, and regular priest-on-call rotation.
● The Vice Rector oversees our formation programming for all ages, including rites of passage, confirmation, and small groups.
● In the absence of the Rector, the Vice Rector assumes management and authority of the day-to-day ministries of the parish.
● The Vice Rector represents Saint Michael and All Angels in regional, national and international capacities, as appropriate, and functions on behalf of the Rector in other liturgical, pastoral and educational capacities.
● As a senior executive, the Vice Rector works with the Rector and Executive Director of Operations to set a vision and plan for the operation of the parish with clear lines of responsibility.
● He or she works with the Executive Director of Operations and the Director of Parish Life to support, train and develop the parish staff and to insure that they are achieving goals and meeting timelines.
● The Vice Rector is the liaison with various groups and with direct ties to Saint Michael. These include but are not limited to: the Episcopal School of Dallas, Saint Michael Episcopal School, the Women’s Exchange, Jubilee Park, the Church Music Institute, and Care Dallas.
● The Vice Rector assumes other responsibilities at the request of the Rector that are in keeping with the role of professional and confidential ministry partner.
We expect that our next Vice Rector will be …
● A faithful Christian/Episcopalian
|Type of commitment|
|Does this job pay?|
|If you feel a call to this position, please send a resume and full OTM profile to:
Saint Michael and All Angels Episcopal Church
8011 Douglas Avenue
Dallas, Texas 75225
— or —
|Link to the job posting or application|