St. Martin’s Episcopal Church is hiring up to 4 Student Ministry interns for the summer of 2019. Student Ministry interns will be involved in all aspects of a multi-faceted, growing ministry. They will have opportunities to learn from experienced student ministers and opportunities to take major leadership roles within the ministry.
Opportunities for interns include, but are not limited to:
• Teaching Sunday School classes for middle and high school students.
• Supervising approximately 45-50 middle and high school students who serve as VBS volunteers.
• Participating in one of three summer mission trips, serving alongside students on worksites and providing leadership for worship experiences.
• Provide leadership in the planning and implementation of Summer Days, a summer day camp for middle school students that combines educational, service, and fun experiences.
• Participate in weekly worship services by coaching and serving alongside acolytes.
• Assisting student ministers in the planning of fall programming.
Candidates for these internships must:
• Be a committed Christian with a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Be committed to the mission of St. Martin’s Episcopal Church: To bring by the power of the Holy Spirit as many people as possible to know, love, and serve God as revealed through Jesus Christ; and to be transformed into spiritually renewed disciples of Jesus who know, love and serve one another and the world.
• Be discerning a call to ministry (student ministry or other areas of ministry).
• Have graduated from high school in 2018 or earlier.
• Be able to begin a 10-12 week full-time internship in Houston, Texas by mid to late May, 2019 (exact dates are negotiable).
• Provide their own transportation to and from Houston, Texas at the beginning and end of the internship.
• Be able to provide for their own transportation needs throughout the summer.
St. Martin’s Episcopal Church will:
• Pay each intern $400 per week.
• Provide housing with a host family (if needed).
• Cover the cost of ministry-related expenses (cost of travel for ministry related trips, admission to students’ events, etc).
• Please send resume to Shane Hinderliter, Director of Student Ministries, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions may be directed to the same email address.
About St. Martin’s Episcopal Church:
• Since its founding in 1952, St. Martin’s Episcopal Church has grown to become the largest Episcopal Church in North America with more than 9,000 members. The Parish celebrates worship at six Sunday and three Wednesday services in both traditional and contemporary liturgical styles that provide an opportunity to give thanks and praise to God in the Anglican evangelical and orthodox tradition. The Church offers a wide range of Christian Education programs for the entire family, as well as numerous Outreach and Missions opportunities, and a variety of programs and events for adults, youth and children.