The Part-time Sacristan at Trinity Church Wall Street assists in the coordination and production of liturgical events in the sacred spaces of Trinity Parish (Trinity Church, the Chapel of All Saints, and St. Paul’s Chapel).
The payrate for this position is $27.00 an hour.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve and support the clergy by facilitating all details of the maintenance and operation of Trinity Church Wall Street’s sacred parish spaces.
- Facilitate and participate in varied liturgical events.
- Maintain the parish’s resources for all liturgical events using apps and systems.
- Function adaptably in all sacred spaces and all liturgical event types at varied dates and times.
- Help perform event set-up and break-down.
- Help create, revise, and maintain event resources via apps and systems (checklists, rota of participants, lectionary materials, service notes, etc.).
- Communicate event procedures to all event participants and assist as needed.
- Ensure that liturgical events are systematic, well communicated, and collaborative.
- Help to maintain a clean, organized, and orderly church, sacristy, and office.
- Assist with administrative duties including inventory and procurement of supplies, purchasing and budgeting with the Finance Department, and tracking expense reports using Trinity’s financial tools.
- Assist with other administrative responsibilities as required.