||At Church of the Good Shepherd, our mission is to know and embrace Jesus Christ and to share God’s love with our neighbors as a welcoming community. As our little town says, everybody loves Pitman! We are a vibrant, pastoral-sized parish that is open-minded and adaptable, prayerfully considering the multigenerational traditions we have built.
Our style is in the middle of the spectrum of Episcopal liturgy. We seek the presence of Christ in our everyday life. We offer two services with communion each week, plus Morning Prayer on two weekdays.
There is something for everyone here! We have a talented group of lay leaders who support over 30 active ministries, including (but not limited to):
- Music (Adult Choir, Children’s Choir, Adult Handbell Choir)
- Worship (LEMs, Acolytes, Ushers, Prayer Ministry, Altar Guild, Greeters)
- Youth (Sunday School, Confirmand Mentoring, Youth Group, Christmas Pageant)
- Adult education (Bible Study, Contemplative Group)
- Outreach (Pitman Pantry, Family Promise, Camden Christmas, Crop Walk, UTO, Rowan University campus ministry)
- Fellowship (Holly Fair, Women at the Well, Brotherhood of St. Andrew, Coffee Hour Hosts, Caring Hands, Quilters Group, Prayer Warriors, Page Turners, Block Party, Trivia Nights).
Still, we recognize that we have more to give! We are keen on expanding opportunities for new ministries, both within our community and from afar. We invite you to see our website for more details at goodshepherdpitman.org.