||WHAT WE SEEK IN A RECTOR
- Appreciative of a variety of theological perspectives but intellectually resonant with a moderately progressive perspective.
- Knowledgeable regarding the dynamics of program-sized churches and affirming of the distinctive opportunities for ministry that they offer.
- Energized by the style of ministry that characterizes a regionally focused rather than a community focused church.
- Attracted to books, articles, and resources that offer effective strategies and tactics for a church culture characterized by spiritual practice, acceptance, and healing.
- An ability and interest in reshaping the ministries of the church to reach others and incorporate them into the life of the church.
- An ability and interest in creating a family life ministry that is effective in attracting parents, children, and youth.
- An ability and interest in creating worship experiences that deepen members’ relationship with God and one another Enthusiastic about under 50 worship attendance
- An ability and interest in calling and equipping members for ministry and leadership
- An ability and interest in developing a Christian education and formation ministry that reaches people at every age and stage of life
- An ability and interest in developing pastoral ministries that serve those in times of need. An ability to actively minister to the needs of elderly/shut in parishioners
- An ability and interest in developing the financial generosity of members in their giving to the work of God
- An ability and interest in bringing out the best in everyone
- Leads by recruiting and developing a team of leaders who can provide high quality programs. Seeks to provide ministry through lay leaders rather than direct involvement.
- Makes changes carefully, making sure that there are opportunities for input before changes are finalized and implemented.
The Critical Abilities of the new Rector in order of Importance according to our survey:
- Strategic Leadership
- Change management
- Pastoral care
- Conflict mediation
- Community catalyst
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Stipend/Housing $85,000/year
- SECA Reimbursement $6,502.50/year
- TOTAL CASH COMPENSATION $91,502.50/year
- Fully Paid Family Health Coverage
- Vacation (One month, includes 5 Sundays)
- Continuing Education (2 weeks)