|Trinity Church is a parish with strong roots in the community of Asbury Park, NJ, with a vibrant, growing congregation and a robust social justice program to feed and secure housing and other resources for our neighbors in need. Central to our worship and our outreach to the community is our beautiful, historic building. Along with performing weekly maintenance, the Trinity Property Supervisor will provide leadership to ensure our historic structure is a welcoming space for all in our community today and for generations to come.
The Property Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring that the Trinity campus is kept neat and orderly at all times and for working with the Priest-in-Charge/Rector, staff, and Buildings and Grounds Committee to develop long-range plans to ensure the Buildings are preserved and modernized as needed. The Property Supervisor will be responsible for cleaning, light maintenance duties, minor repairs to the church buildings and grounds and other tasks as designated and assigned such as setting up and moving of furniture, etc. The Property Supervisor is responsible for directing the Property Maintenance Assistant and church /community volunteers working on the property. The Property Supervisor will be a proactive manager of the campus, developing systems to track routine maintenance and alerting senior staff to Buildings and Grounds issues as they arise. The Property Supervisor will report to the Priest-in-Charge/Rector and the Parish Administrator, who coordinates with other staff and volunteers to determine set up and other needs. The Property Supervisor will also serve as the staff liaison for the Buildings and Grounds Committee.
– Ensure that all areas of the Trinity campus are kept neat and orderly at all times.
– Meet with vendors and contractors regarding Trinity campus and related issues
– Develop a checklist of tasks that need to be done on a regular basis, as well as being proactive in noticing and making a plan to address Buildings and Grounds issues as they arise.
– Perform routine maintenance and minor repairs to facility and equipment when appropriate and report other repair needs
– Painting as needed
– Supervise and manage the Property Maintenance Assistant and volunteers
– Ensure the cleanliness of the church buildings with regular cleaning, dusting, sweeping, vacuuming and mopping
– Ensure that adequate cleaning supplies are available for staff and volunteers
– Ensure that restrooms, kitchens, etc. have adequate supplies
– Monitor and order supplies as needed
– Monitor heating and cooling of the various building spaces and ensure that correct settings are maintained
– Ensure that all trash and recycling is disposed of regularly and properly
– Monitor lights and replace bulbs as needed
– Perform needed set-up and clean-up before and after weddings, funeral services and other functions
– Make sure all tools, lawnmowers etc. are properly maintained and stored
– Coordinate snow removal and sidewalk de-icing as needed
– Maintain and organize storage rooms and boiler rooms
– Assign appropriate duties to the Property Maintenance Assistant that are within the scope and work hours of the position
– Promptly respond to emergent and emergency issues that arise
– Responsible for scheduling the opening and closing of Church property as directed
– Other duties as assigned
-Supervisory skills to manage part-time Property Assistant and volunteers
-Project management skills to develop procedures and checklists for maintaining the building
– Knowledge of and skill in cleaning procedures and processes, products and equipment
– Knowledge of basic building maintenance
– Be able to work both independently and as directed by senior church staff
– Must be able to work safely with power tools such as drills, saws, mower, floor buffer, and shrub trimmer
– Must be proficient in using a computer to create lists, signs, and documents as needed, and must
be available to check a church-provided email address on a daily basis to communicate with staff, volunteers, and vendors.
– Must be physically able to perform the duties of the position, including climbing steps and ladders, must be flexible enough to bend, and must be able to pull and push heavy objects (i.e. be physically able to lift, move, and carry objects up to 50 lbs.)
– Must be sensitive to the needs and concerns of our community’s diverse population
Position requires the successful completion of a background check and Safe Church Training. Trinity employees are expected to respect diversity and promote equity and inclusion for all people.