|The Cathedral of St. Philip
Program Coordinator for Youth and Children’s Ministries
Direct Report: Directors for Youth and Children’s Ministries
Employment Classification: Full-time, Exempt, Regular 40 hour work week
The Program Coordinator for Youth and Children’s Ministries will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day program needs of the Cathedral youth and children’s ministries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with preparing lessons and teaching on Sunday Mornings during Youth Sunday School (Grades 6-12). Journey To Adulthood (J2A) Curriculum used.
- Assist with activities during Sunday evening youth group (EYC).
- Assist and teach youth Bible study lessons on Tuesday evenings.
- When needed, attend and chaperone youth events, overnight youth trips, and retreats throughout the year. For example:
- Diocesan retreats – Diocesan Youth Commission in January, New Beginnings in March and September, Happening in February and October
- Ski Trip in January
- Confirmation Retreat in April
- Mission week over summer
- Rafting Trip in August
- Assist with weekly newsletter content and development.
- Assist with social media posts and communication updates.
- Projects managements for assigned tasks.
- Help with La Amistad (Afterschool tutoring for Hispanic children on Cathedral campus) Monday and Wednesday afternoons.
- Monitor and respond to baptism requests from parishioners.
- Co-chaperone EYSeedlings activities (4th & 5th grade)– one Sunday each month
- Help with set up of special liturgical events and monitor supplies needed for events throughout the year. For example:
- Homecoming/Ministry Fair – September
- Halloween Costume Blessing – November
- Advent Wreath Making – December
- Nicholas Night – December
- Living Nativity – December
- Shrove Tuesday – April
- Kanuga Parish Retreat – Memorial Day Weekend, May
Education and/or Experience
4 year College degree
Professional communications skills both written and verbal
Previous ministry experience
Knowledge of the Episcopal church and associated liturgy, preferred
Ability to lead and play music (i.e., guitar), preferred
Must submit to a background check and upon hiring become certified through the Diocese of Atlanta’s Safeguarding God’s Children program.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Ability to move around the church often and to sit for long periods of time. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
This position is full-time but requires flexibility in work schedule. Weekend and evening hours are expected. Some overnight travel is required.
Please send cover letter, resume and references to:
Ms. Ivory D. Richardson
The Cathedral of St. Philip
2744 Peachtree Road NW
Atlanta, GA 30305
Applications will only be considered if received on or before December 14, 2022.
Finalists will be required to supply references and undergo background checks.