||We are looking for: A Family Oriented person of God ready and willing to be a Spiritual leader, preach from the Bible with truth and the Holy Spirit, become part of the congregation, share church life and responsibilities, work with young and old to promote parish growth, visit members of the congregation, lead us in community outreach, be a stabilizing force, Identify with the parish.
Christ The King has found itself once again without permanent ministry, however, it is a church of parishioners fully committed to furthering the Gospel and ensuring that the Spirit of God exists within the walls of the church. With that said, there are areas that the candidate will need to help Christ The King achieve in its future state. In addition to the statement above, the job would include:
1. Worship consistent with our Episcopal liturgy, in a variety of styles and expressions of worship on Sundays, weekdays, and special occasions. We want our worship accessible to those new to the faith and our denomination. We feel this can be achieved by encouraging greater participation, obtaining a full time minister of music, hosting various speakers and musicians, conducting healing services and bible study.
2. Christian Formation by assisting parishioners and the community in their life-long spiritual growth and living their lives in the world; by offering to all ages a wide variety of educational offerings, spiritual gifts, explorations, speakers, workshops and other forums. We feel this can be achieved by more involvement in the community with opportunities to practice Christian values, adult Sunday school, more children/youth engagement.
3. Outreach where Christ The King can be a catalyst for transformation in our surrounding neighborhoods and the community. This can be done by identifying needs and then working to fulfill some of them. Utilizing the resources of the Diocese of NJ to help church leaders in further achieving this goal.
4. Model of Christian Stewardship by inspiring generous and faithful tithing of our time, talent and treasure; be an outward and visible sign of God’s love and progress on our spiritual journey; help parishioners with the motivation to exercise and increase their stewardship through ministry, outreach, worship, education and fellowship.
5. Evangelism and Mission through welcoming new members and increased attendance by current parishioners, we can achieve increased attendance on any Sunday. In order to support this growth, we need to maintain a strong sense of evangelism with a variety of opportunities to identify and serve the needs of our community.