|Name of church or organization|
|St. Martin de Porres Episcopal Church|
The incumbent will lead and have final authority for all aspects of parish life including management and operations, worship, spiritual formation, strategic planning, fellowship activities, and leasing of the church buildings. Desired skills and characteristic include:
● Strong spiritual and preaching skills, able to give sermons relating bible readings to real life.
● Capable of leading and facilitating organizational change. Committed to helping us complete the merge of three churches.
● Accessible with good listening skills and who demonstrates empathy and understanding. Supports people at significant points in their life and willing to provide pastoral care to all including the sick and elderly.
● A collaborative leadership style, involving church members in planning, decision making and leading church activities.
● Who is mindful of issues of inclusion and social justice and also able to speak pastorally from the pulpit to people with very different ideas of how the Gospel should apply to civic and community life.
|Type of Commitment|
|Does this job pay?|
|Please see the link below to the job posting on the Diocese of Virginia Office for Transition Ministry website (login required). Eligible candidates include ordained Deacons who will be ordained priests within six months of applying.|
|Link to the job posting or application|