||St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church in Longmont seeks a motivated individual to work part-time as the Parish Bookkeeper. This position requires a courteous and competent individual with strong communications and technical skills to manage the bookkeeping operations of the Parish. Our bookkeeper is an integral employee in supporting and working with our leadership team, parish activities, Vestry, parish members and other employees.
Duties Will Include:
- Manage all church accounting functions using Power Church software.
- Handle accounts payable, receivable, bank deposits, account reconciliations.
- Input, track, and print parishioner statements of pledges, contributions, and donations, managing designated and restricted contribution funds.
- Prepare payable invoices, manage internal approvals, signatures, and sending of payments.
- Manage payroll, personnel payroll data, and employee benefit records and deductions
- Provide financial reports, data and logistical support for multiple audiences including Parish Leadership, Vestry, Staff and Ministry Committees.
- Ensure accurate year-end reports, tax reports and tax filings.
- Coordinate annual audit and implementation of advice from outside auditors.
- Maintain all financial records and files. Comply with canons of the Church and following Business Methods in Church Affairs.
- Attend Finance Committee meetings.
- Remain positive and courteous, even in stressful situations.
- Proactively learn church finance practices and financial software as necessary.
- Speak and act in a manner appropriate for an Episcopal parish.
- Train, supervise and support bookkeeping volunteers.
- Keep confidential all financial, human resources and contributions information. And other duties, as directed.