Position: Parish Administrator
The Parish Administrator (PA) works closely with the Rector to manage the business of the parish including the areas of finance and accounting, risk management, human resources, facility management, staff management, strategic planning, and communication. The PA seeks to provide a safe environment, to run an efficient and economical parish, and to facilitate organizational communication. This full time position requires 40+ hours per week and includes benefits; some weekend and night work may be required.
The Parish Administrator is responsible for supervision of the Finance Officer, Director of Youth Ministry, the Building Administrator and maintenance staff; the PA also is responsible for coordinating volunteers. Reports to the Rector and coordinates efforts with the Vestry, Wardens, Parish Treasurer and committee chairs. Many of the duties listed below will be delegated to these staff members as well as volunteers from the parish.
Primarily, the Parish Administrator is the Right-hand to the Rector, making sure that the Rector’s correspondence, schedule and communications are up to date and clear.
B.A. or higher degree
General project coordination, finance and accounting experience required
Some experience in ministry, whether paid or unpaid, required.
• Demonstrated leadership
• Strong oral, written, verbal and interpersonal communication.
• Proven ability to manage/supervise others
• Effective collaborative and pastoral style
• Strong integrity, honesty and confidentiality
• Ability to take initiative and make decisions under pressure
• Ability to work with parishioners with diverse personalities and differing opinions
• Knowledge of general financial accounting including financial controls.
• Working knowledge of all major office software processing, spreadsheets, iPhone and data base management.
• Willingness to work a varying work schedule with periodic long hours
· Prepares budget for appropriate line items.
· Maintains the calendar and schedule appointments for the Rector
· Meets weekly with Rector and provide status for open projects and activities
· Coordinates with ministry leaders.
· Assists with or has responsibility for coordinating major parish events.
· Coordinates training and education events for staff.
· Attends staff meetings as scheduled.
· Coordinates periodic special projects
· Weekly and all special services Bulletins
· Coordinates Parish social media, including Instagram and Facebook
Oversee & Maintain Computer Network Hardware & Software
· 1 server & 11 workstations.
· Keep current info on all members and groups in ACS software.
· Oversee and maintain parish website
· Weekly uploads to website of parish notices and sermon
· Production of leaflets
· Design any brochures, flyers, posters, invitations, etc. and any advertising needed for events
· Prepare Calendar for weekly blast and quarterly Newsletter and back up editor when needed
· Oversee production of banners for upcoming parish events
Newcomers & Membership:
· Work with database to maintain useful and accurate lists, keep directory up to date, send welcome letter, distribute info to staff and Newcomer Committee, and track progress.
· Design and produce name badges for parishioners, staff & newcomers on ongoing basis.
Maintain Memorial Garden Records:
· Oversee sale of spaces, interments & nameplates, etc.
Schedule Facility Usage:
· Schedule usage of all rooms on calendar after screening users, and see that proper paperwork is completed.
· Develops and documents policies and procedures with Rector and Junior Warden.
· Implements policies and procedures for building usage and rentals with intentional actions to increase the building rental.
· Maintain & Distribute Keys to Building
· Record users and level of key usage; track all keys.
· Keep all Maintenance Contracts Up to Date, Elevators, HVAC, Fire Alarm, Sewage System, Phones, etc.
· Establishes policies and procedures for the kitchens, oversees the maintenance of equipment and the stock of kitchen necessities.
· Help prepare and oversee budget.
· Attend quarterly Finance Committee meetings.
· Facilitate annual Stewardship campaigns: produce brochures, pledge cards, letters, etc.
· Compile and Produce St. Peter’s Annual Report.
· Help complete annual Diocesan Parochial Report.
· Prepare reports for any of the groups or ministries when needed.
· Attend monthly Vestry Meetings -‐ Act as Recording Secretary to take and distribute minutes if needed.
· Attend Buildings & Grounds Committee Meetings -‐ Make sure coordination and follow-‐up happens on scheduled tasks.
· Coordinates special parish events with the Director of Music
· Coordinate diocesan events with diocese
· Back up other staff positions in Finance when needed.
· Maintain Communications with Living Waters Church, Vacation Bible School, Spong Lecture, and After School Program -‐ avoiding scheduling conflicts between church and Programs (for parking and space in particular).
· Other duties at the discretion of the Rector