|Name of church or organization|
|St. George’s Episcopal Church|
|Saint George’s Episcopal Church in Astoria, New York is seeking a motivated, self-starting part-time, bilingual (Spanish) Parish Administrator. This position reports to the rector.
Qualifications include proficiency in the following software:
• Microsoft Office – including Word, Publisher and Excel
• Church Windows, Servant Keeper or similar software a plus
• Quick Books
• The Rite Stuff
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Prepare and print weekly bulletins and funeral or wedding bulletins as needed
• Database management of parish members
• Prepare invoices for payment.
• Prepare checks and properly record payment in Quick Books in the absence of the bookkeeper (as requested by the rector)
• Accurately record pledges in database and prepare quarterly giving reports for parishioners.
• Assist in the completion of the annual Parochial Report.
• Work in concert with the diocese to ensure clergy and staff compensation and benefits are accurate.
• Answer office phones and emails.
• Maintain the Master Calendar for all church activities.
• Inventory and order supplies.
• Update the church’s website.
• Other projects as assigned by the rector.
Hire pending the completion of a background check. The selected candidate must complete and present certificates for Safe Church and Anti-Racism training.
Hours: 15 hours per week (Mon, Tue, Thu 9 -1 pm & Wed 9-12 pm) (can be negotiated)
Compensation: Based upon skill and experience level.
Vacation: Two weeks a year.
Start Date: Immediately
|Type of commitment|
|Does this job pay?|
|Interested parties should send their resume, cover letter and references to:
The Reverend Karen Davis-Lawson, Rector
Saint George’s Episcopal Church of Astoria
14-20 27th Ave, Astoria NY 11102