||St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church, Glenwood seeks a talented, highly qualified individual to serve as an organist/accompanist for our vibrant, growing music ministry. This position supports the Music Director and the choirs as they grow as disciples of Jesus Christ through worship and music.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Music Performance in piano and/or organ or comparable work experience in church worship with both organ and piano.
• Strong professional level technical competence playing the organ and piano.
• Strong sight reading skills.
• Knowledge of basic music theory and ability to perform simple transpositions or harmonizations.
• Flexibility to play in blended style services that include all types of worship music.
• Accompanies the adult and junior choirs during weekly rehearsals (usually Wednesday/Thursday evenings), services for Sunday mornings and other special services throughout the year (Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter, Christmas, etc.).
• Accompanies other church music ensembles as needed.
• Prepares and plays music for Sunday morning worship service and other special services throughout the year. Music may include prelude, postlude, hymns, anthems and other service music.
• The applicant shall rehearse sufficiently to maintain a high quality of music.
• Assist the Music Director in finding a substitute for Sundays when not available.
Salary is commensurate with experience and responsibilities.