|Name of church or organization|
|St. James Episcopal Church|
|St. James is looking for a full-time Music Director/Organist to lead us in joyful, inspiring worship in a beautiful, historic Episcopal setting. St. James has two Sunday morning services: 8:00 Rite I (spoken, with instrumental music by the organist); and 10:15 Rite II (with congregational singing and anthems by our adult and children’s choirs). Our 10:15 service is livestreamed and can be viewed at our website: www.stjames-leesburg.org
We have a vibrant thirty-member adult choir, along with instrumentalists, a bell choir, and a twelve-member youth choir (headed by a Youth Choir Director).
Our primary instrument is a Rudolf von Beckerath tracker pipe organ installed in 1978.
The Music Director/Organist will be responsible for the following:
1. In consultation with the Rector, select appropriate music for worship services.
Inform the Parish Administrator of music selections (independence and innovation are encouraged).
2. Purchase music materials as needed for choir, ensembles and instrumentalists.
3. Organize, train and lead the choir, ensembles and instrumentalists.
a. Recruit new choir members.
4. Design and implement special seasonal music and programs.
5. Provide music for funerals, weddings and memorial services, as needed. There will be appropriate additional compensation, as per church policy.
6. Coordinate with the Director of the Children’s Choir to coordinate their inclusion in worship services, and to provide accompaniment support.
7. Meet regularly with Rector and other church staff to communicate and coordinate upcoming plans.
The Music Director/Organist must be a committed Christian with strong organ and keyboard experience. The Music Director/Organist must have the ability to organize, train and lead a choir (and assist the Youth Choir Director with the children’s choir), to work with instrumentalists and ensembles, and to establish positive relationships with choir members and other musicians.
Spiritual maturity and community-building are as essential to this position as musical knowledge and skill. Choir rehearsals include times for devotions and prayer.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$40,000 Salary, plus Individual Health Insurance and Pension through the Episcopal Church
We are receiving names until MARCH 24TH, 2023.
Please send a Resume with References to:
Mrs. Marion Belson, Search Committee Chair
Rev’d Thomas Trees, Rector
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2884
|Type of Commitment|
|Does this job pay?|
|To apply for this job, please click here: https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2884|
|Link to the job posting or application|