||St. Thomas seeks applications for the position of Music Director. The position, to start late summer/early fall 2022, is three quarters-time, compensation range $50k to $60k depending on qualifications and experience. Generous benefits (including health and pension).
For a full job description click here.
St. Thomas is a thriving parish in the Upper Valley of the Connecticut River, next to Dartmouth College.
Music of high quality: organ, choral and instrumental, is essential to the life and liturgy of St. Thomas. Our practice is built on the Anglican tradition.
The Music Director will
- set an example of ministry, collegiality, professionalism and care towards others,
- shepherd, mentor and accompany the adult and children’s choirs,
- select instrumental and choral music for worship services, and develop non-liturgical musical programs,
- be an accomplished organist, playing the organ on Sundays and at major feasts and festivals of the church year,
- empower people in the parish and wider community to share their musical gifts.
The Music Director is a vital part of the ministry of the parish as a whole. A more detailed description of current and projected musical activities is available online.
St Thomas church is committed its vision: ‘All welcome – no exceptions – to worship, love, serve, and grow.’ We encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented groups.
The organ is a Rodgers Model 960 combination organ with a full complement of speakers, 10 ranks of pipes, and Zimbelstern. Further specifications on request.