Minister to Children and Families
Trinity Parish Seattle
The spiritual formation of children is one of the primary ministries of the church – to assist families in helping their children “grow into the full stature of Christ” as we promise, with God’s help, to do in the Baptismal liturgy (BCP p. 302). We seek a Christian education professional, either lay or ordained, who can help us build upon our program of spiritual formation, integrate children and families more fully into our life of worship and service, and draw new children and families into our parish.
This position is for 20 hours per week.
1. Oversee the implementation of the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (CGS) Level I and Level II (beginning with CGS I training if not previously done)
2. Work with our existing trained catechists who are volunteers, recruit and train additional catechists and volunteers
3. Engage parishioners in the making and decorating of CGS materials
4. Plan the schedule
5. Work with the Trinity staff on communications to children and families in the parish and the broader community (through social media and other parish publications)
6. Oversee the parish nursery, staff and volunteers
7. Plan social events for children and families with the assistance of volunteers
8. Participate in weekly staff meetings
1. Committed to the spiritual formation of children and families in the Christian life and faith
2. Experience with CGS a definite plus
3. Ability to work with and train volunteers and to build support in the congregation
Trinity Parish does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, gender identity or sexual orientation. Please send letter of interest and resume to Trinity’s Rector, Jeffrey Gill, at email@example.com.