|Job Title: Minister for Congregational Life
St James is enjoying a stable and positive chapter in its distinguished history. The parish is thriving. We are looking for someone who will join the team and take responsibility for the important work of education and formation and will be able to enrich the life of the congregation. This is an opportunity for someone with some parish experience to focus on the people-centered aspects of church life.
The role was created seven years ago, and, in that time, three essential elements have emerged: Faith Formation, Adult Education, and Welcoming and Integration of New Members.
In addition to these areas, there is scope for the MCL to develop other aspects of parish life according to their skills and interests. The MCL also plays a full part in the worship life of the church and takes on preaching duties as assigned by the Rector.
The ideal candidate would have the following experience and gifts:
- 3-5 years of ordained experience
- Strong desire to develop a coherent plan for education in the parish
- Passion for teaching and seeing people grow in faith
- Experience of working with children and young people
- Excellence in preaching
- Ability to share in collaborative ministry and be a partner in ministry
Salary and Benefit Package
The annual salary is $75,000 PLUS housing and full benefits
Housing provided with the post is a lovely, 4-bedroom Rectory