Saint Luke’s Bishop Spencer Place has a wonderful full-time career opportunity for a full-time Chaplain interested in working in senior care. Bishop Spencer Place is a non-profit Life Plan retirement community located between Westport and the Plaza and is part of the Saint Luke’s Health System.
Our Chaplain provides spiritual care to our residents, staff, and family members. Specific duties of the position include:
- Provide administrative and financial oversight of and leadership for Spiritual Wellness department for multi-level senior living community.
- Provide supervision for Spiritual Wellness volunteers.
- Maintain services records and resources for the Episcopal Chapel.
- Provide liturgical leadership and development for worship and other spiritual expression opportunities.
- Participate on the SLHS Spiritual Wellness committees, SLH Ethics Committee, task forces, and ceremonial functions.
- Establish and integrate Spiritual Wellness practices, standards, and goals with the Director of Spiritual Wellness along with other SLHS Spiritual Wellness chaplains.
- Provide religious, spiritual and emotional care and counsel to residents their families and or intimate network as well as to Bishop Spencer Place personnel, students and volunteers with attention to diverse spiritual orientations and cultures.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team in provision of resident care.
- Assist the Clinical Pastoral Educators in training Clinical Pastoral Education Interns and Residents in clinical skills and provision of spiritual care by serving as a Preceptor.
Qualified candidates should be an Episcopal Priest with preference given to those who meet BCC criteria. Lutheran Pastors meeting BCC criteria will also be considered.
- Applicable Experience: Less than 1 year
- Master’s Degree: Divinity (Required)
- Full Time
- Day (United States of America)
“The best place to get care. The best place to give care.” That is the Saint Luke’s vision and, whether in a hospital, clinic, practice, or office, our more than 12,000 employees strive toward that vision every day. Saint Luke’s employees are proud of our rich history and heritage, and that we remain the only faith-based, nonprofit, locally owned health system in Kansas City. Joining Saint Luke’s means joining a team of exceptional professionals who always strive for excellence in patient care. Take this opportunity to do the best work of your career within a highly diverse and inclusive work space where all voices matter.
Join the Kansas City region’s premiere provider of health services. Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire only non-tobacco users.
Effective November 1st, 2021, full COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for all Saint Luke’s Health System employees unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.