||The Bishop John T. Walker School for Boys, a ministry of the Episcopal Diocese of Washington in Washington, DC, is currently seeking Major Gifts Officer. The Development office will seeks to raise $2.58 million in current operating support for FY20 through strategic engagement, direct appeals, and events to support this tuition-free school. Additionally, the school will complete the public phase of a $6.5 million capital campaign, presently at $5.6 milion, to fund a new school facility at THEARC, retire debt, and fund a cash reserve for operations.
● Plan and sustain a high level of continuous contact and engagement with a portfolio of 150-200 major gift prospects ($1,000-$10,000 annual donors).
● Manage 300-350 substantive “moves” with prospects over the year; these may include scheduling meetings, in person meetings (8-10 per month), substantive phone conversations and written correspondence.
● Qualify for further engagement a strong and under-cultivated pool of donors who give annually $1,000 – $10,000.
● Develop, market, and implement a creative and visible scholarship donor program for the school to meaningfully steward and engage our major donors.
● Identify meaningful volunteer opportunities for donors and prospects; encourage and track their participation.
● Be an active and visible participant in the life of Bishop Walker School.