The Lead Chaplain will develop, lead and provide pastoral services to help accomplish the objectives of St. Paul’s Senior Services and St. Paul’s PACE. This position will offer support to residents, participants, their loved ones, guests, volunteers and staff as required. This position will work as a key member of the interdisciplinary team as part of the overall holistic care of both adults and children. The Lead Chaplain will manage and oversee a team of Chaplains and/or spiritual advisors and will seek to develop close links with local faith leaders and their congregations. This position will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) at St. Paul’s Corporate office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in delivering and arranging for appropriate pastoral care to Residents, their loved ones, and staff throughout St. Paul’s Senior Services regardless of particular faith groups.
- Response to requests for pastoral care in a timely manner and participates in the offering of worship opportunities and participates in the meeting of ritual and sacramental needs.
- Participates in regular and special religious services as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Must have demonstrable knowledge and skill necessary to provide a safe environment and communicate effectively with all age groups of Residents and/or clients served by St. Paul’s Senior Services. Must be sensitive to the pastoral needs of persons who are dying as well as of those who provide care, and be able to work well with other professional persons as a team member.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Masters of Divinity Degree or its equivalent. Four units of CPE Clinical Pastoral Education desired. Ordination by a recognized religious body and endorsement by the proper ecclesiastical authority. A minimum of two years experience as a Chaplain in a healthcare setting is desirable.
St. Paul’s Benefits:
- Health, dental, vision, life
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Education reimbursement
- 403(b) with match
- Child care available
- Employee referral bonuses
- Upward mobility!
St. Paul’s is committed to protecting our employees and our seniors from COVID-19. As such, St. Paul’s mandates that all newly hired employees be vaccinated to prevent COVID-19. If you cannot vaccinate due to medical and/or religious reasons, please contact our HR Department.