|Name of church or organization
||Episcopal City Mission
Join our team in this urgent moment in our country and exciting time in our organization’s life.
Episcopal City Mission (ECM) is a faith-rooted justice organization that works primarily with
Episcopal communities (parishes, chaplaincies, missions etc.), grassroots organizations, and
faith-rooted organizations that are addressing racial and economic injustice.
Mission of Organization
ECM builds relationships and collective power across the commonwealth for racial and
economic justice as the expression of God’s transforming love. We do this by developing,
convening, mobilizing, and funding prophetic leaders in Episcopal communities, grassroots
organizations and faith-rooted organizations.
Role of Grants Manager
The Grants Manager will work in partnership with ECM staff, the ECM Board and
grantmaking committees to manage all aspects of ECM’s grants programs: Burgess Urban
Fund, Parish Partnerships, Wider Community Partnerships and Amos Fund from publicizing
availability to evaluation and follow up with grantees.
● Disseminating information and responding to inquiries regarding grant availability
● Establishing process–people, criteria and timing–for evaluating grant applications
● Communicating and performing site visits with grantees
● Researching and developing new funding initiatives aligned with ECM mission and
responsive to expressed needs of constituents
Responsibilities and Duties
● Communicates with grassroots and faith-rooted organizations about ECM’s grant making
priorities, guidelines, and proposal review process
● Responds to inquiries of grant seekers and actively recruits new applicants
● Receives, tracks and distributes to reviewers grant proposals
● Manages all aspects of the process of grant review process including recruitment of review
committee members, convening of meetings, assigning grants to individuals, collating
● Prepares meeting materials and presentations for grantmaking committees and ECM Board
● Notifies grantees and unsuccessful applicants of committee decisions
● Conducts site visits/attends grantee events and generally maintains positive relationships
● Participates in planning and executing annual grantee gathering in collaboration with
Haymarket, Hyams, Lenny Zakim and other foundations
● Prepare, individually and with other team members, written materials communicating the
work of grantee partners and other ECM grant making initiatives
● Attends relevant external meetings as representative of ECM, as needed
● Assists the Executive Director and senior program staff with research and analysis related to
potential funding initiatives and/or special projects
● Other duties as assigned.
As a prerequisite, the successful candidate must believe in the core values of ECM and be
driven by the mission. Beyond that, we are seeking a candidate with energy and skills to be
part of and support a driven, bright, diverse team.
● Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years experience in nonprofit sector with preference for
experience with community-based organizations
● Excellent analytical ability, written and verbal communication skills; ability to summarize
complex issues clearly and concisely, draft business correspondence, write brief reports,
and proofread accurately
● Superior organizational skills and the proven ability to successfully manage multiple
complex processes and track activities and outcomes to successful conclusion; ability to
adhere to strict deadlines
● Excellent interpersonal skills, a collaborative approach and willingness to work as part of a
● A high degree of personal integrity, sound judgment, tact, and discretion
● Expertise in MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, experience with
database and website software
● Comfortable with a high degree of autonomy and a small office environment
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package including health and
dental coverage, pension, and vacation.
We strongly encourage online applications. Please attach your resume and cover letter
and send to email@example.com .
As an EOE/AA employer, Episcopal City Mission will not discriminate in its employment
practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identification and veteran or disability status.
|Type of commitment
|Does this job pay?
||Please send resume and cover letter detailing your interest in the position and your related experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Link to the job posting or application