Please submit resume and cover letter to Elizabeth Starling at email@example.com.
The Executive Director, Church Operations is responsible for managing all business and administrative affairs of the Church in order that the Rector and Program Staff may concentrate on preaching, teaching, providing pastoral care, and advancing the mission and ministries of the church.
Serves as a member of the senior leadership team working as a partner in ministry with the Rector and the Associate Rector(s). As the Church’s general manager, the Executive Director, Church Operations is responsible for managing all business and administrative affairs of the Church, developing policies and procedures to ensure effective and efficient operations, and working with church members and staff to achieve the Church’s objectives.
The primary management responsibilities include: financial, human resources, property and grounds, information technology, office and administration, stewardship, and other related duties as determined by the Rector or Vestry. The Executive Director, Church Operations has direct supervisory responsibility for members of the administrative and facilities staff.
The Executive Director, Church Operations reports to the Rector, receiving policy guidance from the Vestry, the Finance Committee, the Grounds Committee, the Stewardship Committee and the Property Committee.
The Executive Director, Church Operations should not be a member of St. Mary’s, but should have a commitment to the church’s mission and its community. In addition, the Administrator must possess:
• Executive-level experience in a business or non-profit organization
• Proven leadership experience and management skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Mature judgment to work with a wide range of constituencies and the ability to make decisions while creating an environment of consensus
• Financial management skills
• Bachelor’s degree with a strong emphasis in accounting and/or an MBA and/or 3 to 10 years of experience in Church Administration
• Candidate should have a solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Some supervisory experience and prior work in the not-for-profit sector a plus
• ACS accounting software a plus
• A sense of humor is required
• Four weeks paid vacation
• Excellent Health and Dental Insurance
• Episcopal Church Pension Plan
• Paid holidays
• A friendly and welcoming environment
• Compensation commensurate with experience