Christ Church Parish is a growing Episcopal church in downtown Pensacola. We exist to show everyone God loves them unconditionally. With an average Sunday attendance of over 400 (in person and online), we are a welcoming, caring, Christ- centered, generous community. A vital part of the ministry of Christ Church is the Episcopal Day School with over 400 students from age 2 to 8th grade.
The Director of Youth Ministry will be responsible for casting and implementing a vision for ministry for and with the youth of Christ Church i.e., grades 6-12. The Director of Youth Ministry will develop and oversee a team of volunteers to form the youth of our community with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Cast a vision for youth ministry at Christ Church.
- Recruit, train, and support a team of youth leaders.
- Maintain and publicize a calendar of youth activities including formation, fellowship, and outreach.
- Effectively communicate with youth and parents.
- Organize Christian Education on Sunday morning (Sunday School).
- Attend weekly staff meetings (Tuesday mornings) and regular Sunday services.
- Engage with the Episcopal Day School to build relationships with students.
- May occasionally teach Christian Ed and lead chapel services. This position is not responsible for these activities but will be involved.