|Director of Youth Ministries|
|Name of church or organization|
|St. Columba’s Episcopal Church|
|Located in upper northwest Washington, D.C., St. Columba’s Episcopal Church is a vibrant, urban congregation committed to proclaiming the Gospel through worship and ministry, as individuals and as a congregation. The church is seeking an experienced full-time lay Director of Youth Ministries (DYM) who will serve as a pastor, teacher, evangelist, and administrator who works collegially with staff, parishioners, and the Youth Council to share the love of Christ and to develop and implement offerings and programs that serve the overall mission of the church.
Essential functions for this position include:
● Work collaboratively with the formation staff to develop and implement a comprehensive and cohesive Christian formation plan that includes the Journey to Adulthood curriculum.
● Contribute to and collaborate with the broader church for integrated, meaningful, and intentional ways to connect the youth of St. Columba’s to the church, reminding the congregation of its responsibility of spiritually forming youth.
● Facilitate a vision for the youth ministry working with the formation ministry staff and key volunteers to create a mission, and core values for the youth ministry, as well as create three-year goals in alignment with the mission, vision, and values of the broader church.
● Discern, recruit, and equip adult youth leaders annually through leader trainings and ongoing support.
● Manage all modes of communication for youth ministries, the budget for youth ministries, coordinate fundraisers as needed alongside Event Coordinators.
● Coordinate, facilitate, and support all youth outreach opportunities.
Qualifications for this position are:
● A deep sense of calling to youth ministry and a natural ability to relate and work well with youth and their parents.
● A love of Christ, enthusiasm, and personal gifts that will inspire others.
● A person of prayer, personal integrity, and joy who has a heart of compassion, is a good listener, avid learner, and creative teacher.
● Bachelor’s Degree
● Minimum of three years’ parish youth ministry experience
● Experience coordinating and executing mission trips with young people is preferred
|Type of commitment|
|Does this job pay?|
|A competitive compensation package including full benefits is offered. Anticipated start date early summer 2019. Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Link to the job posting or application|