||We are seeking a deeply committed, energetic and loving Christian, rooted in the Biblical and historic Faith, to help lead our teens to become and grow disciples of Jesus Christ.
The future Director of Student Ministries at St Martin’s will have a passion for getting to know students, building relationships, and journeying alongside young people as they explore and deepen their faith through their Middle and High School years.
You will get to lead a strong team, well supported by the clergy, vestry and wider church, as well as a team of committed volunteers. The program year is set until the end of the summer, and so you’ll get to spend your first six months with us focusing on finding your feet, getting to know our wonderful families and rounding out the school year by joining us at Summer Camp in Florida, and on our Mission Trips.
If you are an experienced leader, looking to raise up new young people in the church, if you have a keen sense of fun, and are looking for a position where you can be grown and celebrated as a crucial part of ministry life in this Episcopal Church, then St Martin’s could be the church home for you.
- Oversees the Student Ministries program and supervises the department.
- Manages diligently all financial resources and designated facilities (e.g. plans yearly budgets, delegates tasks, oversees purchases and care of equipment and supplies, etc.)
- Develops and implements ministry structures to effectively transition students from one grade level to the next including HS and beyond.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive strategy for contact and communication with students and their families.
- Develops a parent ministry team and meets with them regularly for support, guidance and input.
- Supervises special events including but not limited to Student Ministry mission trips, retreats, and Summer Days.
- Meets periodically with executive leadership, ministry directors, and associate priest maintaining excellent relationships of mutual support and understanding.
- Provides monthly statistical reports to the vice-rector, and attends program staff meetings, vestry meetings and retreats, as requested.
- Liaises and communicates clearly with the rector, vestry, clergy, church staff, volunteer leaders, and students and their families.
- Represents the church by serving on appropriate committees and organizations in the community and diocese.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Has a strong personal commitment to follow Christ, a genuine passion for ministering to students and their families, and an appreciation for the richness of the Episcopal tradition
- Gifted communicator with a warm, engaging manner who is empowered by being part of the team he/she leads
- Has an active approach to programs and relationship building
- Passionate for ministry administration
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any field and 5 years of relevant work experience
- Three years supervising employees and/or volunteers
- Considerable experience in ministry, program management and leading through organizational change
- High level of computer literacy with intermediate computer skills in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Some formal theological training, public speaking and teaching experience preferred
- Flexibility, good humor, and creative problem solving is essential.
As part of St. Martin’s family, employees not only receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, generous time off, and fantastic retirement contributions; opportunity to work with a Holy Spirit led team.
Due to the nature and context of this role, only Christian will be considered.