||Saint Barnabas Memorial Episcopal Church in Falmouth, Massachusetts on Cape Cod is seeking an energetic leader who can lovingly direct the spiritual and moral formation of its children & youth; minister to its young families; and integrate each into the life of the parish through worship, service, and fellowship.
The parish has experienced significant growth in its children’s ministry over the last few years. As the home and founding parish of the “Love First” church school model, Saint Barnabas has served as a spiritual home where needs of children and families are met through pedagogy that is dedicated to love: love of self, love of neighbor, and love of God.
The Director of Family Ministries will:
• Uphold the principles of “Love First;” including treating children like ministers of God, fostering intergenerational relationships, and emboldening lay leaders and volunteers to connect to our children & youth ministries in meaningful ways.
• Design and implement formation programs for children ages preschool through 6th grade, as well as for middle & high school age youth.
• Serve as the immediate pastoral care minister to children and their families.
• Develop strong relationships with lay leaders to integrate the children & youth ministries into other areas of the parish community, and vice versa.
• Develop and implement an annual calendar for Sunday School that recognizes curriculum objectives, staffing and volunteer needs, worship schedules, special events, and parish projects.
• Provide pastoral care to children and families and liaise with clergy when necessary.
• Design periodic family services in consultation with clergy and staff.
• Facilitate the integration of children & youth into worship and other parish programs.
• Update relevant sections of the church website to provide programmatic information to current and prospective families.
• Take responsibility for the smooth operation of Sunday morning programs and other church events involving children; including attending to sensitive personal matters.
• Encourage, involve, and support volunteers in program planning and fellowship.
• Schedule and coordinate placement of volunteers, and communication with leaders.
• Prepare and manage budget for family ministries.
• Communicate regularly with parents via email, the church calendar, special events, and the parish newsletter.
• Plan and market special events for families via website and digital media platforms.
• Attend staff and periodic church committee meetings as needed.
• Report relevant program details to the staff, clergy, vestry, and parish.
• Recruit and manage nursery caregivers in coordination with clergy and staff.
• Maintain records (class lists, birth dates, safe church certificates, CORI reports, etc.).
• Ensure that the parish fulfills Safe Church requirements and all other diocesan expectations for children & youth ministry programs.
• Administer the distribution and allocation of curriculum materials and supplies.
This is a 25-hour/week salaried position reporting directly to the Rector of Saint Barnabas. Hours are flexible, but attendance at Sunday morning church school, worship, and fellowship is required. The annual salary is $32,000 with generous vacation, sick and personal time. Pension benefits and continuing education reimbursement are provided.
Prospective candidates for Director of Family Ministries should send a cover letter expressing the motivation for their interest in the position and include an outline of professional and personal qualifications. References will be requested of all finalists. Direct materials to: The Rev. W. (Will) H. Mebane, Jr., Rector, Saint Barnabas Memorial Episcopal Church, P. O. Box 203, Falmouth, MA 02541. Applicants are encouraged to submit letters and qualifications via email to: email@example.com.