|Director of Communications|
|Name of church or organization|
|The Episcopal Diocese of San Diego|
|San Diego, CA|
The Director of Communications develops and implements the communications strategy for the Episcopal Diocese of San Diego, helping our congregations and surrounding communities understand our mission of following Jesus in his life of fearless love for the world. The Director manages all electronic and print communications on behalf of the Office of the Bishop and for diocesan programs, ministries, and events. The director is responsible for the diocesan website, emails, the weekly podcast, and print strategies for accomplishing our mission and vision. The director will be responsible for developing a new website presence as well as coordinating our work with Google AdWords to help people learn about the ministries and theology of the Episcopal Church. The director manages a strategic presence on social media, keeping abreast of new developments and possibilities. Consulting with congregations to help them develop and implement communications strategies, the director coordinates regular conference calls among communications directors and visits congregations to help them develop their communications. The director manages crisis communications for the diocese and engages in strong media relations with online and print journalists.Responsibilities
• Develops and manages a communications strategy to convey the Episcopal Diocese of San Diego’s mission and message to others, including people outside the church as well as Episcopal Church members.
• Develops and manages production and delivery of regular print, email, online, and social media publications.
• Consults with congregations on communications strategies, facilitates a communicators’ group, and coordinates regular seminars/workshops/training sessions on communications.
• Creates or oversees graphic design projects for diocesan communications.
• Maintains relations with area media representatives and works to promote diocesan messaging.
• Coordinates crisis communications for the diocese and advises congregations on crisis communications.
• Manages strategies for online communications, including Google AdWords, an evangelistic presence on the diocesan website, and social media interactions. Will oversee a redevelopment and/or reorganization of the diocesan website.
• Manages the Bishop’s Appeal bi-annual fundraising campaign.
• Maintains records of contributions and coordinates preparation of acknowledgement letters.
• Oversees the maintenance of the diocesan database.
• Edits and proofs diocesan documents; advises diocesan personnel on style and standards.
• Assists with organizing special events and provides photography and other communications regarding diocesan events.
• Oversees communications budget and expenditures.
Essential Skills & Qualifications
Experience: Communications experience, graphic design experience, event coordination experience and experience within a faith-based or non-profit-based organization preferred. Knowledge of, appreciation for, and experience with the Episcopal faith tradition preferred.
|Type of commitment|
|Does this job pay?|
|Send cover letter, and resume to the bishop’s executive assistant, Keren Mondaca, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject: Director of Communications.|
|Link to the job posting or application|