||The Director of Children , Youth, and Family Ministry at St. John’s Larchmont will oversee programs for young children through high school. The Director will oversee the Sunday Morning Babysitting, Sunday School, Youth Group and Special programs. Some specific areas of responsibility are as follows:
1. Be a good and faith filled role model for our youth and children.
2. Maintain clear communication with youth and their parents as far as schedule and subject focus.
3. Be present in community events in ways that support the youth and their families.
4. Be present at Sunday services, Sunday morning and evening programs, attend weekly staff meetings, being present in the office during the week for planning.
5. Ongoing continuing education.
6. Oversee the upkeep, purchasing and inventory of “Godly Play” lesson materials for volunteers to use in Sunday School classes for our children 4 years old through 2nd grade.
7. Organizing volunteers and scheduling for Children’s Choir, Vacation Bible School, and the Children’s Christmas Pageant as well as overseeing the programs.
8. Growing the program – inviting parents and other adults to be part of the program – as teachers, helpers, creators of events.
10. Organize, communicate, and lead weekly middle school and high school youth groups, including confirmation class, recruiting lay leaders to work with you on a volunteer basis.
11. Plan and participate in larger outreach projects and mission trips.