|Trinity Church is an Episcopal parish with a progressive theological and social outlook that values life-long Christian education and spiritual formation. The congregation is thriving with a growing number of young families as members. This adds new life and vitality to an already active church. The Director of Children, Youth, and Family Ministries (CYF Director) will play an essential role in the spiritual health and vitality of this evolving community of faith. The CYF Director will be responsible for planning, programming, and implementing a spiritual formation ministry program that engages, educates, and enriches the lives of the children of this parish and their families in accordance with the teachings and rites of the Episcopal Church. The CYF Director will work to integrate the children of the parish in every aspect of the life and worship of Trinity Church. The program is currently primarily geared toward younger children, but as our children age, we need to begin building stronger youth programs. We understand that the CYF portfolio is extensive, but the Director is not expected to shoulder all the work alone; part of the job will be recruiting and empowering volunteer leaders to help expand the capacity of the program. In time, as our church and CYF program grow, we would like the Director position to grow as well. The CYF Director will report to the Priest-in-Charge/Rector.
– Develop and implement Christian formation programs for children birth through High School, including Nursery, Pre-K, and School age. We currently use the Spark curriculum for Sunday school, which comes with well-developed lesson plans.
– Schedule adequate coverage for each level of Sunday School instruction and arrange for substitutes as needed
– Maintain a presence each Sunday during instruction and assist with transitions as needed
– With the Priest-in-Charge/Rector, lay the foundation for establishing a Youth Confirmation program, and plan for the regular participation of youth in the worship life of the parish (i.e. supervise acolytes, children’s choir, youth Sundays, readers, children’s processions, etc.)
– Develop and implement family engagement programs
– Ensure the safety of the children and adults involved in all CYF programs
– Develop and implement safety protocols and standards
– Hold regular listening sessions with parents and guardians to gain input on needs
– Communicate with parents and guardians on a regular basis
– Ensure that teachers and assistants have the supplies and support needed
– Coordinate children and youth activities for various parish events
– Plan for the inclusion of children and youth of all abilities in programs
– Serve as the contact person for Diocesan children/youth events, education, and trainings
– Responsible for developing, training, supporting and nurturing a children/youth ministry staff of volunteers to assist in every aspect of the CYF ministry, including Nursery, Sunday School, and middle and high school programs
– Responsible for staffing the nursery with trained, competent, nurturing staff, both volunteer and paid
– Develop and implement seasonal programs and events
– Manage the CYF page of the parish website
– Prepare and manage the approved CYF program budget.
– Other duties as assigned
– Be able to work comfortably and effectively with children of all ages and abilities and their families
– Be a practicing Christian who is comfortable promoting the teachings and policies of the Episcopal Church and Trinity Church, Asbury Par
– Comfort and fluency in various social media networks
– Excellent organizational, administrative, and communication skills
– Knowledgeable of and ability to comply with all policies regarding contact with children and youth as established by Trinity Episcopal Church and the Diocese of New Jersey
– Sensitive to the needs and concerns of our community’s diverse population, including a commitment to equity and inclusion for all people
– Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
Position requires the successful completion of a background check and Safe Church Training. Trinity employees are expected to respect diversity and promote equity and inclusion for all people.