||Job Context Information
The Episcopal Church Building Fund (ECBF) assists Episcopal congregations and ministries through mission-focused financing of capital projects. This includes providing loans for a variety of projects, from construction to renovation, purchase of land or buildings, refinancing and “green” or accessible building improvements.
On behalf of ECBF and its partner, Mission Investment Fund (MIF), this position will foster and facilitate strategic relationships with ministries of The Episcopal Church and pursue loan opportunities for capital projects.
- Consistent with ECBF’s mission and under MIF’s direction, increase awareness of and provide education about ECBF product offerings, focusing on traditional loans to parishes.
- On behalf of ECBF and MIF, utilize a consultative, proactive approach for building and maintaining relationships with parish, diocesan and other church leaders to promote ECBF/MIF as a preferred lender for building and renovation projects and encourage prospects’ participation.
- Acquire and respond timely to new business referrals and inquiries. Gain an understanding of prospective borrowers’ ministry goals, property needs and appropriate financing strategies to assist them in achieving their goals. and assist them (as needed) in initiating the application process.
- Working closely with ECBF and MIF leadership, implement strategies to achieve growth through corporate-wide, scalable ECBF/MIF partnership programs to enable increased competitive advantage, improved customer acquisition and deepened loyalty.
- Serve as a relational point of contact for existing traditional loan customers, stewarding them throughout their entire customer lifecycle.
- Provide regular reporting of business development activities utilizing reporting and CRM tools determined by MIF. Identify and communicate to the appropriate internal channels ongoing market trends, potential areas for new business development, ministry impact stories and customer feedback on products/service.
- Stay abreast of market developments and product advancements. Maintain all licenses and /or certifications necessary to maintain compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills or knowledge that are required to perform this job.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in sales, business development or related function in a mission-oriented environment. Experience within The Episcopal Church preferred.
- High degree of personal integrity, initiative, discipline, and accountability. Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a matrix reporting structure with regular deadlines. Trustworthy in use of confidential materials.
- Effective interpersonal skills and proven history of developing relationships and establishing strategic partnerships within large, complex systems.
- Solid presentations skills appropriate to communicating one-on-one and in larger gatherings, both verbally and in writing, about financial products and technical topics.
- Nuanced understanding of The Episcopal Church, including mission, ministry priorities and polity. Active membership in an Episcopal congregation highly desirable.
- Solid understanding of financial products and operations. Proficient in use of CRM software and Microsoft Office Suite.
Required certifications or licenses
Series 63 License preferred
The Director, ECBF Business & Loan Development may be located in Chicago or deployed.
This position requires regular travel by plane and car for visits with ministries and church leaders across the country.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone. This position requires sitting for long periods of time. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.