Good Shepherd Church and School is a program-size Episcopal congregation located in Tequesta,
Florida. We have average Sunday attendance of 300, with approximately 60-70 active children and youth. Several young families have joined the church in recent years and continued growth of this demographic is a central component of our ministry. Our parish day-school is on the same property as the church and has an enrollment of 120 students (Pre-K through 5th grade).
The Curate/Assistant Rector will work under the supervision and direction of the Rector. We are seeking a priest and pastor to assist with the worship and sacramental life of our congregation.
Specifically, our new priest will be focused on the continued development of our children, youth, and family programming, and will help foster a deeper relationship between our church and school communities. We are looking for a candidate who is excited about developing a more intentional connection between our congregation and the local community in Tequesta and Jupiter. The position of Curate/Assistant Rector at Good Shepherd is as much an opportunity for personal learning and spiritual growth as it is for teaching and shepherding our flock!
We are looking for:
• Someone with a growing and personal relationship with Christ.
• A relationship builder who is comfortable with both intergenerational ministry and theological diversity
• An excellent preacher and communicator who is savvy with social media
• A strong pastoral presence for ministering to parishioners at church, at their homes or in hospitals
• A priest with a good sense of humor and the ability to pivot when things don’t go as planned
• A creative knack for evangelism that will reach out to the greater community and meet people wherever they may be on their spiritual path
• Participate in both Sunday Services, Rite I at 8:00 a.m. and Rite II at 10:00 a.m.
• Assist regularly with preaching, teaching, and administering the sacraments
• Participate in Wednesday Eucharist and School Chapel
• Develop a team relationship with other parish leaders
• Assist with pastoral care, including visiting the homebound and local hospitals
• Participate in administrative and leadership meetings, as needed, including attendance at weekly staff meetings
• Assume responsibility for overseeing the appropriate use of the church facilities and grounds during programs and events
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
• Guide the development of programming for intergenerational ministry, including Sunday School, Youth Group and Young Families
• Develop meaningful relationships with families and youth volunteers
• Work with youth ministry volunteers to foster greater integration of our children and youth into the corporate life of our congregation
• Develop and implement creative strategies to reach out to our local community
• Explore ways in which technology and social media can be used to improve communication and connect with our local community
• Assist with leading Chapel services & religious education classes for elementary age students
• Serve as a spiritual guide for students and families at our school Education
• B.A. or B.S. and M.Div. required
• Ordained Priest (or Ordination within six months)
This position is full time, with the following benefits:
• Competitive salary
• Group health coverage
• Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
• Retirement savings plan
• Paid professional development and training opportunities