||Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Pastoral Care (80%)
- Be present with the community Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday when the community is gathered and offer support and pastoral care as appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with the Head Pastor and pastoral care team to ensure the community as a whole is receiving care.
- Support all MANNA programs including seasonal and extra worship services (memorials, etc.) and community events.
- Visit community members in hospital, jail, or on the street as needed.
- Accompany community members as needed to transit stations or appointments in collaboration with the team.
- Help reduce harm by being fully present, defusing conflict, intervening when necessary to keep drugs and alcohol out of the space, and encouraging the community to be “pillars of peace.”
- Officiate at MANNA Eucharist in rotation.
- Facilitate community meetings in rotation.
BACHome Council (20%)
Boston’s Advisory Council on Ending Homelessness (BACHome Council) is dedicated to uplifting the voices of those with lived experience with homelessness in Boston.
- Attend BACHome Council meetings every first and third Tuesday each month.
- Co-edit BACHome agendas and meeting notes.
- Provide spiritual and emotional support to BACHome Council members at regular meetings and in-between meetings by phone or by Zoom.
- Assist Head Pastor in coordinating meetings with the Mayor’s Office of Housing, the City of Boston, and any other participating group working with BACHome.