|Name of church or organization
||Episcopal City Mission
Join our team in this urgent moment in our country and exciting time in our organization’s life.
Episcopal City Mission (ECM) is a faith-rooted justice organization that works primarily with
Episcopal communities (parishes, chaplaincies, missions etc.), grassroots organizations, and
faith-rooted organizations that are addressing racial and economic injustice.
Mission of Organization
ECM builds relationships and collective power across the commonwealth for racial and
economic justice as the expression of God’s transforming love. We do this by developing,
convening, mobilizing, and funding prophetic leaders in Episcopal communities, grassroots
organizations and faith-rooted organizations.
The Communications Specialist will work in partnership with the Director of Programs and
Engagement and Operations Team to develop and implement strong strategic
communications. The Communications Specialist will be supervised by the Director of
Programs and Engagement and will work collaboratively with the ECM team to achieve
specific 2-3 year goals:
● Variety of materials developed with consistent branding/identity outlining ECM’s
mission, goals, activities and opportunities for engagement
● Consistent communications calendar implemented to share work and opportunities
for engagement related to ECM and our partners
Responsibilities and Duties
● Assist with developing a media and communications strategy to advance the mission
● Develop materials to be used with external constituencies with high-quality,
consistent branding and messaging about ECM’s mission, goals, accomplishments
and opportunities for engagement
● Oversee materials development and printing, in conjunction with vendors and
consultants, for ECM Annual Celebration, Annual Meeting, Annual Report, and other
● Maintain and update the ECM website and social media including writing content
● Publish bi-weekly ECM e-newsletter by writing and curating content from internal
and external sources
● Translate/design curriculum materials for online platforms
● Work with staff to conceive, write and edit articles, blog posts, concept papers,
OpEds, et al.
● Assist Director of Programs and Engagement to manage communications
relationships with the Episcopal Diocese of Massachusetts and the Episcopal
Diocese of western Massachusetts
As a prerequisite, the successful candidate must believe in the core values of ECM and be
driven by the mission. Beyond that, we are seeking a candidate with energy and skills to be
part of and support a driven, bright, diverse team.
● Minimum 3 years of experience working in communications, journalism, media,
public affairs or related
● Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and organizational skills
● Demonstrated ability to write compelling materials
● Working knowledge of platforms/software for customer relations management,
email marketing, social media, as well as proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of
● Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
● Graphic design and photo/video editing experience
● Demonstrated team player
● Willingness and ability to work with a diverse population
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package including health and
dental coverage, pension, and vacation.
We strongly encourage online applications. Please attach your resume and cover letter
and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an EOE/AA employer, Episcopal City Mission will not discriminate in its employment
practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identification and veteran or disability status.
|Type of commitment
|Does this job pay?
||Please send resume and cover letter detailing your interest in the position and your related experience to email@example.com
|Link to the job posting or application