||Responsibilities according to priority:
- Coordinate website design and maintain the site.
- Coordinate and send out weekly Beacon via email.
- Coordinate bulletin announcement inserts.
- Coordinate and maintain social media outreach including blogs, recorded sermons, St. Martin’s Facebook page, the Narthex TV monitor, and special event announcements.
- Serve as a photographer and parish contact for pictures of parish life. Develop a slideshow presentation for the Annual Parish Meeting.
General duties include:
- Writing, editing, and publishing. Oversee the St. Martin’s weekly Beacon distribution in coordination with the Rector and staff. The Rector of St. Martin’s maintains the right for editorial judgment over the contents of the Beacon, announcements, website, and all other posts.
- Coordinating communications between church committees and staff.
- Report parish news and events to the diocesan communications director.
- Handling public relations with the community. (press releases, etc.)
- Developing and maintaining an Information Station/Welcome Desk in the narthex or parish hall.
- Working with the Rector, Jr. Warden, and Facilities Committee on exterior and interior building signage.
- Assist with maintaining the parish directory.
- Recruiting Communication Committee members and oversee meetings.
- Working with Rector, staff and various committees regarding communications policies and procedures.
- Recruiting volunteers to assist with mailouts, directories, etc.
- Developing proposed budget criteria for duties associated with this ministry.
- Developing and supervising projects assigned by the Rector.
Work Schedule and duties:
- An average of 10-15 hrs. per week with flexible hours for family time.
- Attend weekly staff meetings, (Wednesdays at 3 P.M.) Participate in annual staff development meetings.
- Attend various committee meetings as needed.