|Name of church or organization|
|Richmond Hill seeks a full-time residential Co-Pastoral Director to serve a dynamic ecumenical Christian community focused on the restoration and healing of Metropolitan Richmond. Richmond Hill exists to transform metropolitan Richmond through daily prayer, hospitality, racial reconciliation, and spiritual development.
Richmond Hill is dedicated to a co-pastoral model representing its commitment to racial healing and justice. The new Co-Pastoral Director will work in cooperation with and collaboratively alongside the existing Co-Pastoral Director to lead a balanced ministry of prayer and community engagement. The incoming Co-Pastoral Director’s primary responsibilities will focus on outreach to communities, churches, governments, and people of the Metropolitan Richmond region.
Both Co-Pastors are expected to live in Richmond Hill’s racially diverse and inclusive Christian community within an historic monastery in downtown Richmond. Ten to fifteen individuals make up Richmond Hill’s residential community at any given time. Community members maintain the community’s prayer cycle, care for the historic buildings and grounds, offer hospitality to retreat guests and visitors, and provide support to each other for spiritual formation and growth.
Applicants should be ordained in the Christian tradition, sense a calling to residential life, demonstrate a passion for Richmond Hill’s mission, and represent Richmond Hill’s commitment to racial diversity and inclusiveness. Compensation includes room (an on-site apartment) and board, health insurance, pension support, and a modest monthly stipend. More information about Richmond Hill can be found at www.richmondhillva.org.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee and ensure effective operation of the following Richmond Hill ministries, providing the ECPD with recommendations, progress reports, etc., on their ongoing operation:
• Support, collaborate, and assist in the spiritual development and well-being of residential and nonresidential members of the Richmond Hill community, as well as individuals and groups associated with Richmond Hill.
• Be familiar with the management of ongoing operations of Richmond Hill and help ensure the effective and smooth operation of Richmond Hill.
• Understand and participate in the staffing, budgeting, and organizational development of Richmond Hill. She/he shall serve as a member of the Richmond Hill Council, sharing a vote with the ECPD.
• In collaboration with the ECPD, assist in the maintenance, staffing and expansion of the program ministry of Richmond Hill.
• In coordination with the ECPD, provide actual facilitation of contemplative individual and group retreats, schools, classes, and other Richmond Hill ministries or events.
• In collaboration with the ECPD, provide leadership of worship, including preaching and teaching, providing pastoral leadership and support to the worship activities of Richmond Hill.
|Type of commitment|
|Does this job pay?|
|The process to fill this Co-Pastoral Director position is a deliberate one, bathed in mutual discernment by the applicant(s) and by the Richmond Hill community. To be considered for this unique position and explore the opportunity to effect the healing of metropolitan Richmond:
1. COMPLETE a brief online application at www.richmondhillva.org/apply-here
2. SUBMIT a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you have early questions that are critical to your understanding of this opportunity and the possibility of applying, please contact Tim Holtz, Administrator at email@example.com.
This position will remain open until filled.
|Link to the job posting or application|