|Name of church or organization|
|American Cathedral of the Holy Trinity|
|The American Cathedral in Paris is searching for a priest to serve as Canon Pastor, working with Dean Laird and our lay staff, with particular responsibilities for:
• Sharing preaching and liturgical duties;
• Organization/Supervision of pastoral care (with Dean and lay pastoral
• Overseeing Christian Education for children and youth, and connecting with
• Working with the Dean on Adult Education, including Bible Study,
newcomers’ classes, confirmation classes, and spiritual growth;
• Working with the Dean on integration of newcomers, especially young adults;
• Working with the Mission & Outreach committee to connect parishioners to
• Working closely and flexibly with all the staff.
The staff is small, and the Canon must be a flexible person who can work collegially (sense of humor definitely required!). He or she will work most directly and frequently with the Dean, and share in the overall ministry of the Cathedral.
We are looking for an experienced priest, or possibly someone newly ordained who has had significant other experience (e.g. business, teaching, etc.) pre-ordination. Fluency in French is extremely helpful, as is international experience of any kind.
Preaching ability is very important; the standards are high at the Cathedral. We also note as important “spirituality consistent with Cathedral values (e.g. ‘Open Table,’ LGBT inclusiveness)”. The person we are seeking will have solid experience in working with children, youth and families; will be able to support and guide our enthusiastic lay volunteers in these areas; and will help draw, recruit, and integrate new volunteers.
The Canon Pastor should be a person of prayer, with the ability to walk with others on their spiritual journeys.
|Type of commitment|
|Does this job pay?|
|For more information, or to send a covering letter, CV and OTM profile, contact email@example.com
Applications will be received through Feb 1, but earlier applicants will be contacted and interviewed as applications are received. We hope to have someone in place by May 1, 2020.
|Link to the job posting or application|