||The Episcopal Diocese of Oklahoma is committed to a vision of vital leaders in vital congregations with sustainable, thriving models of ministry. Along with the Canon for Finance and Administration and the Canon for Congregational Vitality, the Canon to the Ordinary (CTO) serves as a member of the Executive Team supporting the Bishop in working for this vision.
Grounded in a discipline of prayer, with strong faith, exceptional organizational skills, and a collegial approach to ministry, the CTO:
- Proactively identifies situations and systems that need the Bishop’s attention, providing counsel and advice, while maintaining confidentiality at the highest level.
- Acts as the Diocesan Transition Minister, working with the Bishop and lay leaders to recruit and call outstanding full-time and bi-vocational clergy.
- Works with the Canon for Congregational Vitality on creative approaches to clergy leadership and congregational vitality.
- Serves as the staff liaison to the Commission on Ministry, overseeing the ordination process.
- Represents the Bishop, when needed.
- Offers pastoral support to the clergy alongside the Bishop and Canon for Congregational Vitality.
- Visits congregations around the diocese three Sundays per month.
- Works with the Canon for Finance and Administration to promote models of ministry that are sustainable in our congregations and institutions.
The Episcopal Diocese of Oklahoma is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO)
For full application click here