||The Diocese of Southern Ohio is one of 111 dioceses in The Episcopal Church and is made up of 73 churches with more than 18,000 members in Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton, and in farm towns, county seats and suburban centers across the southern half the state.
We are currently seeking a Canon for Transition and Congregational Ministry, to oversee the congregational transition process, new ministry initiatives, church planting, fresh expressions and the Residency program for newly ordained clergy. The Canon will develop strong, trusting relationships with the Bishop and staff, as well as, clergy and lay leaders throughout the diocese.
Job duties would include:
- Implement and supervise the transitional ministry process including working with churches (clergy and lay leaders) in the transition process
- Build working relationships with transition officers throughout the Church
- Work with Search Committees to help discern and identify outstanding clergy candidates
- Support and guide Diocesan clergy who are discerning a new call
- Supervise the Diocesan Residency and mentoring program
- Missional Engagement
- Administration functions as needed, including but not limited to developing and overseeing budgets
Candidates should be an experienced (at least five years) Episcopal Priest who is very knowledgeable in Episcopal governance and Canon law.