|Canon for Lay & Ordained Vocations
|Name of church or organization
|The Episcopal Church in Connecticut
|We are actively recruiting for a Canon for Lay & Ordained Vocations for the Episcopal Diocese of Connecticut, known as the Episcopal Church in Connecticut (ECCT). The Canon for Lay & Ordained Vocations works to ensure life-long Christian formation for all baptized persons. The Canon is responsible for planning and implementing training programs for lay formation and leadership, and supporting people in the ordination and lay formation processes. The Canon must have the capacity to facilitate the development and implementation of individual formation plans for those in the ordination process. The Canon also is responsible for recruiting and supporting mentors for postulants, candidates, and newly ordained clergy, and managing communications with clergy and laity regarding discernment and formation. In addition, the Canon oversees the ECCT scholarships and grants programs.
- Ordination in The Episcopal Church and in good standing
- At least three years of experience as a rector, Priest-in-Charge, associate rector, or deacon in a parish
- At least three years of experience supervising and managing employees and/or volunteers
- Shared commitment to the Mission of God as interpreted by ECCT
- Persistent and flexible; able to work in a fast-moving environment and manage numerous projects and processes
Please download and review the full job posting at for further details on the duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
|Type of Commitment
|Does this job pay?
|Interested applicants should send a resume, with a cover letter, to the attention of: Jean Tomasco, Human Resources Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. Accepting applications through March 1st (or until the position is filled, which may be earlier), with applications being reviewed on a rolling basis as submitted.
|Link to the job posting or application